2010年8月25日 星期三

search strategies for cognition and stroke

This is my result of search strategies for cognition and stroke, which also focuses on assessment tool. I use three terms to do the search related to the assessment tool, such as psychometrics, questionnaires, and assessment.

The search strategies show below.

Term                                                                amount
1. exp*cerebrovascular disorders/                    181309
2. cerebr???vascular accident$.tw.                   4262
3. cerebr???vascular disorder$.tw.                   1572
4. stroke$.tw.                                                   104132
5. cva$.tw.                                                       1936
6. exp*cognition/                                              45149
7. exp *cognition disorders/                             31135
8. cognit$.tw.                                                  135548
9. neuropsycholog$.tw.                                   25769
10. cognition disorder$.tw.                              113
11. neurocogniti$.tw.                                       4925
12. *psychometrics/                                        5283
13. *questionnaires/                                        20603
14. assessment.tw.                                          397350
15. psychometric$.tw.                                    17267
16. questionnaire$.tw.                                    204885
17. or/1-5                                                      234374
18. or/6-11                                                    183772
19. or/12-16                                                  592613
20. and/17-19                                                1384
21. limit 20 to english language                        1255
22. limit 21 to humans                                     1231
23. limit 22 to yr="2009-current"                     170
24. remove duplications from 23                      160

Note 1: #1~#5為中風相關詞彙
Note 2: #6~#11為認知相關詞彙
Note 3: #12~#16為評估相關詞彙

How do you think of this result??

8 則留言:

  1. stroke-related terms are OK.
    cognition-related terms are limited in scope. You may include, at least, memory, attention etc.
    assessment-related terms are very limited. Please take a look at the article sent you on last Friday (Development of a methodological PubMed search filter for finding studies on measurement properties of measurement instruments).

    Then you can export them to the Endnote and check whether the results are relevant.

    By the way, you may try HARDER to exclude irrelevant papers.

    回覆刪除
  2. Why did I use the terms related to cognition?
    I have two reasons.
    1. According to a literature which you sent to me, evaluation of cognition function associated with chemotherapy: a review of published studeis and recommendations for future research by Vardy, J., Rourke, S., and Tannock, I. F., they used these terms for searching cognition.
    2. At the begining, I think I should search broadly, so I use the general terms, instead of specific terms.

    在看PubMed的MeSH term時,看到在cognition disorders分類的下一層是auditory perceptual disorders,我個人對聽知覺有興趣,我最近在想我是否要focus 在聽知覺方面的搜索?

    回覆刪除
  3. 我承認我在評估工具上所使用的term不完整,我今天在聽碩班生在報告時,有點很想衝動地問他在搜尋文獻時用了哪些term,要找出想要使用於搜尋key words也不容易!

    回覆刪除
  4. Thanks for your responses.
    I would like to know your opinions on my suggestions: "You may include, at least, memory, attention etc" & "you may try HARDER to exclude irrelevant papers"

    When would you "export them to the Endnote and check whether the results are relevant?"

    ReSearch 就是一直 search, 要找到主要的 key words,你用過那些方法?效果好嗎?

    聽覺比[注意力][記憶][執行功能]跟OT的關聯性,似較遙遠。也就是說[注意力][記憶][執行功能]比較相關/重要,我們也瞭解很有限不是嗎?

    回覆刪除
  5. Thanks for your reply.
    Today, I try to read the article which you mentioned above. I kind of have the idea for excluding irrelevant papers and using the term for measurement instruments. We will see, when I post the search strategies later.
    I always open my mind to receive any feedback from you. Actually, I wish have lots of feedbacks from you.

    Actually, I did export the results to the Endnote, when I did the search strategies in the last two times. By that time, I did not read the abstracts, because I want to get the aggrement from you.
    Sorry for that I am kind of this person who needs the agreement to make sure that I am doing on the right way.

    老師,我想要確認一下我對您的話解讀對不對,老師您的意思是我直接用memory、attention這些詞,而不要再使用其它的詞?
    還是我用我原本所用的詞,也再加上memory、attention這些詞?
    Just want to clarify. Thanks!

    對!聽覺是比其他的領域較冷門,就因為較冷門,所以我才興趣比較高(ps. 老師您不是一直強調要為未來的5年、10年後更久的研究計劃做準備和規劃嗎?)。我想我會做兩個文獻搜尋,其中是有關注意力、記憶、和執行功能,另一個會著重於聽知覺,只是好奇。

    回覆刪除
  6. 我看完那篇文獻了(Development of a methodological PubMed search filter for finding studies on measurement properties of measurement instruments),但是文獻中建議使用的term related to measurement instrument太多太廣泛了,我會自己嘗試一些我覺得比較重要的terms,可能不會使用文獻中所提到所有的terms。 I will try try see!

    回覆刪除
  7. 1. 比較相關/重要的領域,如注意力,就夠你研究一輩子了,不是嗎?冷門領域的研究,除非你有能力把他炒熱,否則連研究經費都難取得,屆時想堅持都難。
    2. 原認知搜尋詞彙有點狹隘,需加上 memory....
    還有沒回覆的嗎?
    你想知道的,就要問到底。

    回覆刪除
  8. Hi just wanted to give you a brief heads up and
    let you know a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

    I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

    My blog post best cellulite treatment

    回覆刪除